All papers will be reviewed by the Academic Committee comprised of scholars and practitioners from government agencies. Awards will be presented to the best faculty paper and student paper during the virtual Awards Ceremony on Saturday, November 7th at 12:30 pm.
Faculty and Students must be enrolled at a university during the academic year preceding the annual NECoPA Conference.
Papers may be co-authored with other faculty or students. To receive the award, the author or at least one co-author of the winning paper must register and attend the NECoPA conference, present the paper, and attend the awards function where the award is presented.
Best Paper Criteria
Best paper submission will be evaluated based on the following outcomes:
- the paper addresses an important public sector issue;
- good research design;
- quality and significance of the research;
- high-quality data collection methods and analysis where appropriate;
- originality, clarity and sophistication of argument;
- overall professional organization of the paper (style, footnotes, bibliography).
Complete papers should be sent to the Awards Committee at NECOPA2020@gmail.com no later than October 8, 2020. Notifications will be sent by October 23, 2020.